Chief Investment Officer
Do you want to be a part of the core team within Volvo Car Group - Shaping their future set up of the pension asset management?
We are now looking for a highly engaged Chief Investment Officer (CIO) to join the team!
The new CIO will together with Managing Director and the COO, be part of the core team of the company and be involved in shaping the future set up of the pension asset management of the Volvo Car Group.
The CIO reports to the Managing Director Anna Wibring. You will be joining a small and highly professional team where the “we” is more important than the “me”. The spirit is open-minded, and the company structure is flat.
The role and responsibilities
• Lead and develop the global investment strategies for pension assets.
• Evaluate overall portfolio strategy, asset allocation and risk management.
• Establish effective and well-organized investment processes.
• Drive change and continuous improvement of the asset management and investment process
• Manage and uphold client relationships.
• Reporting to the board.
• Keep up on the latest regulations and rules.
Experience and background
To excel in this role, you have a minimum of at least 8-10 years related experience. You have a broad and in-depth experience and knowledge within financial instruments and long-term asset management. You possess experience in analyzing and monitoring investments, risk management and managing the investment process. You have been working with financial activities subject to authorization.
• Analytical with a strategic mind-set and holistic view.
• Conceptual way of thinking.
• Extremely high integrity and a strong moral compass.
• Daring to be bold and challenge existing structures and methods.
• Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with customers and other stakeholders in an international setting and environment.
• Exceptional presentation skills.
• Strong relationship-building skills.
• Proactive and ability to work independently.
• Highly engaged.
• Team-player with a prestige-less attitude.
Degree in finance or a relevant field from an accredited university.
You need to be fluent in spoken and written Swedish and English.
100% starting as soon as possible, depending on term of notice.
Work location is Gothenburg. You need to be willing to travel occasionally.
Information and application
VCG is cooperating with Wes; Women Executive Search, in this recruitment. For more information regarding the position please contact Lena Bello at +46 70 755 4996 or email@example.com.
About VCG Investment Management
VCG Investment Management (VCGIM), founded in 2013, is a subsidiary to Volvo Cars managing pension assets of the Volvo Car Group.
VCGIM has a strategic advisory role and acts as an investment manager for two Volvo Cars pension funds. VCGIM currently provides services such as portfolio asset management and advisory services including full lifecycle advisory ranging from policy formulation, asset allocation, manager selection, and portfolio construction as well as monitoring of exposures and board reporting.