Nordic Line of Business Head Liability
Zurich Nordic offers local and global insurance programs both standardized as well as individually tailored. Our customers are mainly international and large industrial companies. We are now looking for an outgoing and positive person to join our Underwriting team as Nordic Line of Business Head, Liability.
If you are a customer centric, agile and engaging person who would like to join an innovative Underwriting team, then we are happy to receive your application!
As Nordic Line of Business Head, Liability, you provide high quality leadership to Zurich Nordic underwriting with focus on visible leadership, set and drive the strategy and financial objectives and to contribute to the achievement of the overall objectives of Zurich Nordic.
The Nordic Line of Business Head of Liability leads a team of approximate 10 underwriters across the Nordic region. You act as the role model for how to meet customers and brokers, and inspire others to excel in their performance. You will coach the team within negotiations, business opportunities, underwriting and other personal developments. Develop and lead a learning culture e.g. a continuous improvement mindset, dialogue and actions with stakeholders based on peers, co-workers customer and broker experiences. In the role, there is a strong focus on visible leadership in the team and you will play an important role in the management team within Underwriting & Risk Engineering. You empower employees to grow and contribute to create an environment of openness.
As Nordic Line of Business Head, Liability, you will also manage relationships with key brokers and major customers. You provide a visible and credible market facing underwriting for Zurich in the Nordic region. You are responsible for the Liability Profit and Loss account across the Nordic region. You are also responsible for making significant underwriting decisions using a variety of complex information sources and applying own judgment that will have a major impact on a large area of the business. You will work actively with Portfolio Management and monitoring of Key Indicators (including claims). Adherence to underwriting governance/compliance principles as set by regulators and Zurich, and to principles and procedures set out in The Zurich Way.
Qualifications and experience
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate colleagues
• Strong relationship builder
• Extensive experience of dealing with Liability business within the Corporate / Commercial segments
• A proven track record of successfully dealing with a variety of customer types and propositions, and interacting with brokers / customers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Skills and competencies
• Leadership skills and interest in how to lead teams across multiple locations and different cultures
• A deep understanding and experience of underwriting
• An awareness of business planning techniques and the ability to implement action plans to achieve financial objectives
• Strategic vision along with sound operational planning skills
• Ability to manage Profit and Loss
• Problem solving, decision making and judgment skills
• Innovative with the ability to contribute to the development of new products and propositions
• Excellent presentation skills
As a person, you are curious and communicative. You are customer focused, like to seek new solutions and you include the diversity and inclusion perspective into your leadership behaviors as well as the everyday work. You ensure your own as well as your team’s actions and behaviors are well aligned with Zurich’s Strategy, Purpose & Values. You have a personal drive and resilience, and ability to energize self.
For more information regarding the position please contact Per Fornander at +46 703 16 77 65 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 53,000 employees serving customers in more than 210 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
At Zurich we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.