Client Executive Gothenburg Corporate and Investment Banking
Join Nordea’s exiting and successful journey in Gothenburg! As Client Executive you will have the overall responsibility for Nordea’s largest Corporate Customers in Gothenburg in terms of relationship, profitability and risk.
About the role
As Client Executive you will be part of Corporate & Investment Banking (C&IB) Sweden. C&IB is responsible for Nordea`s largest corporate customers. You will be part of a strong team-oriented performance culture and as Client Executive you will be leading the customer team in Gothenburg. You will be overall responsible for Nordea’s relationship, profitability and risk for a portfolio of Nordea’s largest customers including driving the strategic agenda with the clients in cooperation with Nordea’s product units and other internal stakeholders. Your goal is to deliver superb customer value, ensure that credit risk and profitability for each customer is in accordance with Nordea’s targets and guidelines.
• Create a broad foundation and engagement in the customer community with a strong drive to develop Nordea’ s reputation and market position.
• Develop and maintain a good industry knowledge to be able to understand the customer’s business and its prospects.
• Proactively suggest solutions to customers’ specific needs and specific themes or other thought leadership issues to be the most relevant speaking partner in financial matters.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationship for a specific portfolio in order to maximize the potential and long-term profitability.
• Endorse a culture of knowledge sharing within the customer team by showing the example and requiring the same from other team members in order to increase the performance of the team.
• Train and develop Relationship Managers to increase their ability to perform.
• Define and regularly update, with the relevant Product Responsibility Unit, a customer strategy as well as an action plan to ensure a clear and aligned approach towards the customer.
• Take responsibility for the activities in the customer team making sure that the team members execute on the agreed actions, to ensure predictability and coordinated communication towards the customers.
• Ensure that credit, compliance and operational risks related to customer activity are in accordance with internal guidelines to limit the risk exposure.
Required skills and Experience
• University degree in Business Administration or equivalent (MBA/M.Sc.).
• At least 10 years’ experience within the financial sector.
• In depth knowledge of financing, cash management and payment services, investment banking, capital markets products and securities services.
• Act with integrity and strive to always create excellent relationships with customers as well as internal stakeholders. Natural communicator and good at building business relationships.
• Driven and energetic with excellent analytical skills.
• High stress tolerance and used to adopt to environments with frequent change.
• Proactive with integrity whom at the same time is pragmatic and results oriented.
• Positive and humble, able to work strategically as well as operationally and contribute with a holistic perspective.
• A courageous and driven leader who is solution and action oriented.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.
Purpose and value
Purpose: “Together, we lead the way, enabling dreams and everyday aspirations for a greater good.” Nordea’s purpose provides their everyday work with direction and meaning. It establishes a clear link between their daily efforts to help their customers fulfil their dreams and aspirations, their commitment to work for a greater good and to be a sustainable part of the societies in which they operate.
Value: “Collaboration, Ownership, Passion and Courage” Nordea’s values are a clear expression of the culture they want to build where people can be passionate about customers, collaborate intensely across the organization, keep a true sense of ownership in their work and have the courage to speak up and challenge each other.
Information and application
Nordea is cooperating with Wes; Women Executive Search in this recruitment. For more information regarding the position please contact Agnetha Dahlström at 0709/73 73 70 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nordea is a full-service universal bank with a total operating income of EUR 9 billion and total assets of EUR 551.4 billion in 2018. Nordea is the third largest corporation in the Nordic region and one of the top 10 financial services companies in Europe based on market capitalization.
Nordea serves its customers through presence in 20 countries, including their four Nordic home markets – Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. Combined, the economies of these four Nordic countries represent the world's 10th largest economy.
Nordea is a financially stable bank and one of only a few European banks with an AA rating. The shares of Nordea Bank AB are traded on the Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen stock exchanges.
Nordea’s vision is to be a Great European bank, acknowledged for its people, creating superior value for customers and shareholders.
Nordea has four business areas; Personal Banking, Commercial and Business Banking, Wholesale Banking and Asset and Wealth Management.
The roles as Client Executive is part of Corporate and Investment Banking within Wholesale Banking.
Wholesale Banking provides services and financial solutions to Nordea’s largest corporate and institutional customers. Customers are served through a pan-Nordic platform complemented by selected international branches. The business area provides its customers with products and services within corporate banking, cash management and trade finance services, investment banking and capital markets products. Wholesale Banking is headed by Martin Persson.