Head of New Business
Are you a strong relationship builder who is creative and innovative? Do you want to be part of building a new business area in a leading international media company? On behalf of Viacom International Media Networks Nordics, Wes is looking for a passionate and driven Head of New Business to join the Viacom Nordics team.
The Head of New Business at Viacom is a new role in the Nordic team and will report to the Senior Commercial Director. You will be responsible for building the business area from scratch, with full support from the organization. You will have the opportunity to grow with the business and potentially have your own team eventually.
To be successful in this role we believe you have a strong business acumen and drive together with a high level of engagement. You will be joining a fun and diverse team working in an entrepreneurial setting in a non-hierarchical organization.
In the role you will manage the new business development to maximize growth and profitability across the Nordics.
You will identify, evaluate, develop and realize new business opportunities focusing mainly on location-based entertainment. Your job is to combine the Viacom brands with third party partners in adjacent businesses. There is no limit to the creativity. It is up to you to create the opportunities and build the network.
You will manage each new project, locate suppliers and negotiate deals to get the projects off the ground.
Background and experience
• A few years’ experience within business development.
• Commercial background working with partnership sales and/or events or licensing.
• Experience in location-based entertainment, event and/or travel & tourism.
• It is a plus if you know how to navigate in an international matrix organization where you work with different stakeholders. Pan-Nordic experience is meriting.
• Fluent in English and at least one Nordic language.
• Relevant academic background.
Profile and personality
• Strong commercial profile with exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Proactive with a hands-on and solution-oriented approach.
• Highly motivated team-player with a positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of the business.
• Project management skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• High energy and level of engagement.
• Entrepreneurial and curious.
• Innovative and creative mind-set.
• Bold and not afraid of establishing new relationships on all levels in organizations.
The role involves some travelling, mainly in the Nordics but at times also to the UK.
The position placement is in either Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki or Oslo.
We will be interviewing candidates immediately, so we ask that you apply as soon as possible, yet no later than May 25. If you have questions, please contact Lena Bello at +46 70 755 4996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Viacom (Viacom International Media Networks) is a leading global entertainment content company, with prominent and respected brands in focused demographics. Engaging its audiences through television, motion pictures and digital platforms, Viacom reaches its audiences wherever they consume content. Viacom’s leading brands include the multiplatform properties MTV, Comedy Central, Vh1, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Paramount Network, Paramount+ and more. Viacom reaches over 600 million households in 160 territories and 34 languages via 166 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties networks around the world, as well as digital assets.