Manager Business Support - Nordic
Whatever you want to achieve, Intertek has a culture that respects and supports your ambitions and they are looking for someone that can lead the business support function to enable business and people growth!
Intertek's global environment means that they can offer their people constant opportunities to broaden their horizons in so many different ways. They’re supportive, but also understand that their talented people are always open to opportunities to challenge themselves to develop. So, they encourage innovation and experimentation. They are a global family that values diversity.
POSITION AND PROFILE SUMMARY
Are you passionate about bring quality and safety to life and are you motivated by working in a rapidly changing business environment with high demands? Are you a strategic leader who knows how to get things done? Join Intertek and lead the business support function to enable business and people growth!
We believe you have a strong inner drive and a genuine interest in driving change and finding new ways of working. You have the ability to engage and inspire people. You are an experienced service provider and enjoy leading technical teams and understand the challenges that come with managing IT and facilities. You seek collaboration to deliver end to end results to the business.
As Manager Business Support, you will lead a team of 20 people in the Nordic organization and deliver great results to the business through a matrix organization. You will be a part of building Intertek’s future and will be a part of Intertek’s Finance Nordic Management Team, reporting to Finance Director North Europe, Karine Martin, based in Kista.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Intertek operates in a truly global world and this position is responsible for ensuring that the delivery in all the above mentioned areas are delivered with high quality, a high service level and in a cost efficient way for all regions served. The function will also be responsible for the processes and routines within the scope of Business Support.
In the areas for Facilities lies the responsibility for equipment and sample registration for the electrical laboratory as well as real estate responsibility (i.e. contracts, maintenance). You will provide expert advice and coach senior leaders with your strong communication skills and your excellent leadership capabilities. You use business argument skills to develop clear, actionable steps in business projects and deliveries.
• MDs and operational leaders for the legal identities in the Nordics
• Group IT
The position will have both individual contributors and team leads as direct reports:
• Procurement specialist (Sweden)
• Marketing (information and marketing collaterals production) (Sweden, Denmark & Norway)
• Team Lead Facilities (Kista)
• Team Leads IT delivery (North Europe)
• Reception (Kista)
In the role as Manager Business Support your main areas responsibilities are;
• Contribute to and implement the business areas strategic direction, unique attributes, challenges, opportunities, and geographic characteristics and translate it into an effective and modern people agenda with relevant activities/action points.
• Proactively support the Head of Business Area managed services and serve as a credible, trusted advisor to provide solutions and recommendations to drive business and cultural change. In addition; enhance operational effectiveness and ultimately drive improved business outcomes and the transition to a successful industrial lead company is key.
• Have a clear view of and solution to short as well as long term challenges and take responsibility for shaping and delivering first-rate support.
• Identify the strategy, providing the direction and orchestrating all activities of the function throughout the region of responsibility, and in accordance with the vision and objectives as well as processes and functions.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
• Solid track record of leading cross functional team as service provider to the business.
• Excellent knowledge in leading and developing support units.
• Strong financial capability and resource planning (people and capital investment).
• Minimum of 10 years’ work experience and ability to read and understand P&L and able to create action plans and overcome obstacles.
• Experience in developing and implementing IT-processes, with a great ability to have a business mindset; working both strategically and hands-on.
• Track record from leading business support functions in result and performance driven companies.
• Experience from working with multiple stakeholders and leading in an international and complex context.
• At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or related field.
• Fluent in English.
• Driven, result oriented and with a strong business focus.
• Energetic, dynamic, positive and inspirational.
• Excellent strategic and operational ability.
• Structured, task oriented and organized.
• Team and people oriented.
• Self-motivated and independent.
• Excellent communication skills and a strong relationship builder.
• Courage to challenge and be innovative.
• Natural leader with an international mindset.
• Ability to navigate in complex transformative organizations.
Manager Business Support Nordic is a full-time position located in Kista, Sweden. Intertek provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
For more information regarding the position please contact Therése Sjödén at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by clicking "Ansök här" to the left.
Intertek is an industry leader with more than 43,000 employees in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. They deliver Total Quality Assurance expertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with their industry-winning processes and customer-centric culture. Whether your business is local or global, they can help to ensure that your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. They hold extensive global accreditations, recognitions, and agreements, and their knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivalled.
The total value of the global quality assurance market is estimated to $250 billion; out of which ‘only’ $50 billion is currently outsourced. That means that there is a total $200 billion in-house opportunities for Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
Companies are doing far more today to improve quality and safety than they were even five years ago, but there is much that needs to be done to establish a robust, reliable, end-to-end Total Quality Assurance approach that reduces risk. That is what Intertek offers and will continue to bring to their clients, leveraging their broad service portfolio, technical expertise and global laboratory network to allow corporations to concentrate on their core value-generating activities. Intertek has been the pioneer of the industry across the world for 130 years and continue to be the chief innovator, constantly evolving and improving their service offering to customers to meet their changing needs.