HR Manager Region North
Olympus’ HR function is in an exciting stage of development toward reaching their strategy of connecting business and people! Would you like to be part of this engaged and driven company and be responsible for developing their regional HR function? You will work both strategically and operationally and report to the Regional Managing Director.
About the position
The ambition for EMEA HR is to be an efficient business partner and to shape the "Olympus workplace of the future". In order to fulfill this ambition, the EMEA HR community embarked upon a transformation journey in 2017 with the aim to be completed in 2020. The transformation addresses several areas in order to enable the strategy and ambition.
The North Regional HR has a very important role in ensuring high quality aligned with corporate execution of all HR activities in the region and proactively supporting geographically dispersed employees and businesses.
The Regional HR organization consists of the HR Manager Region North and three directly reporting business partners. The HR team covers all HR responsibility areas, except for the payroll function which falls under finance. In 2019, Success Factors will be implemented across EMEA and will provide an increased digitalized support to employees, managers and the HR organization.
The HR Manager Region North reports to the Regional Managing Director with a dotted line to the Director Human Resources EMEA.
• Support the RMD and North Management Team (NMT), to achieve the regions strategic objectives, specifically in areas related to leadership and people, by acting as the HR lead on a range of different projects and repsonsibilites.
• Contribute to and ensure the implementation of the EMEA HR transformation agenda.
• Steering all regional and local HR functions and deliverables and ensure smooth execution of all HR activities in accordance with the overall Olympus strategy, corporate HR framework and local legal regulations.
Required exeperience and skills
Experience & competencies required
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant working experience, where of at least 3 years’ in a manager position.
• Fluent in English and Swedish or any other Scandinavian language, written and spoken.
• International experience and experience from a matrix organization.
• Good knowledge of Swedish employment law (additional countries are meriting but not required) and with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations.
• Excellent understanding of HR best practice.
• Experience of using HR software solutions as Success Factors.
• Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of managing successful change management.
• Ability to translate business strategy into HR related activities.
• Ability to apply and facilitate execution of HR processes.
• Excellent skills in conflict resolution, group development and communication.
• Ability to engage, coach, inspire and influence people.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and being comfortable with a diverse set of daily tasks and pace.
• Strong business acumen with the ability to make business recommendations and priorities with a sound rationale.
• Experience of working independently with a proactive approach.
• Driven, outgoing, tactful and diplomatic.
Information and application
Olympus is cooperating with Wes; Women Executive Search, in this recruitment. For more information regarding the position please contact Agnetha Dahlström at 0709/73 73 70 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since Olympus was founded in Japan in 1919, it has become a leading manufacturer of innovative optical and digital equipment for the healthcare and consumer electronics sectors. For over 90 years Olympus have led the way in designing endoscopy and microscopy products, medical and industrial equipment, as well as cameras and voice recorders.
As a worldwide leading manufacturer of optical and digital precision technology, Olympus provides innovative solutions for state-of-the-art medical systems, digital cameras as well as scientific solutions. The company’s award winning products are instrumental in detecting, preventing and healing illness, driving scientific research and documenting life with artistic freedom. In the hands of our customers, Olympus’ high-tech products help to make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling.
Olympus Region North is a part of Olympus EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) with EMEA headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. The North region covers sales and service in the Nordics and Baltic countries.