Head of Global Marketing
Do you want to be part of building the future of learning? Offering technology for everyone and being a key player in Strawbees success going forward?
We are now looking for a Head of Global Marketing to join the team of Strawbees. This is a new role and you will have the possibility to build the global marketing organization from scratch in this successful startup.
To excel in this role, we believe you are a hands-on leader with an extensive marketing background, passionate about customers.
You will be reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer.
In the role you will be establishing strategic marketing plans and programs to drive traffic supporting the revenue objectives of Strawbees.
You will plan and oversee advertising, events and promotion activities in all segments and channels.
Part of your responsibility is to set up and oversee PR and marketing communication strategies across markets.
You will monitor market trends and consumer insights staying attuned to customer demands in order to deliver relevant product offers today and in the future.
Your role includes setting up and implementing brand strategies aligned with Strawbees overall strategy.
Background and experience
• Leadership experience from a startup or growing and fast-paced environment.
• Strong analytical skills with great marketing and commercial understanding.
• Experience with brand building and product management.
• Background from working in an international environment.
• If you have been working in retail and/or education environment it is a plus but not a must.
• Experience from working closely with sales and product development teams.
• Fluent in English.
• Relevant academic background.
Profile and personality
• Strong marketing profile with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Good leadership skills
• Strategic mind-set together with a hands-on approach
• Highly motivated team-player with a positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of the business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Entrepreneurial and curious
• Customer focused
• Innovative and creative mind-set
• Bold and daring to challenge
The role requires frequent travelling internationally. Placement is in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Strawbees is cooperating with Wes, Women Executive Search, in this recruitment. If you have questions, please contact Lena Bello at +46 70 755 4996 or email@example.com.
Currently present in 50 countries and over 40 000 schools worldwide, Strawbees is on a mission to help all teachers and parents prepare the young people of today for a future that will look radically different.
Our open-ended learning and maker system create opportunities for fun and engaging experiences for beginners and experts of all ages. Our learning platform includes full lesson plans for students from Kindergarten throughout high school, and our materials are used at universities too.
Creativity and understanding technology are the building blocks of innovation, which will become increasingly important as children transition from only consuming existing technology to also create the technology of the future. Many young people will grow up to work in professions that we have not yet heard of, while routine tasks will be carried out by robots. New expectations on what students need to learn create opportunities for schools and teachers to change the way they teach. Strawbees is committed to supporting teachers and offer a fun-filled and positive experience learning about technology.
Our history began with the invention of our patented connectors in 2013 and includes awards such as "Forbes & Fast Company educational toy for the problem solvers of the future," and the addition of Quirkbot (our unique circuit board electronics and programming platform) in 2017. Today we offer an amazing end-to-end STEAM educational experience