Chief Commercial Officer
Do you want to be part of building the future of learning? Offering technology for everyone and being a key player in Strawbees success going forward?
We are now looking for a Chief Commercial Officer to join the management team of Strawbees. This is a new role and a key position reporting to the CEO. You will have the possibility to build the global commercial organization from scratch in this successful startup.
To be successful in this role we believe you are an experienced leader with a strong business acumen, always with the voice of the customer in focus.
In the role you will be leading the development and implementation of Strawbees commercial strategy to maximize growth and profitability across key markets.
You will be responsible for building and growing the commercialization infrastructure and ensure all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives,
You will stay attuned to customer demands in order to deliver relevant product offers today and in the future. Part of your role is to monitor market trends and consumer insights.
Maintain regular contact with key clients and strategic partners as well as participate in seminars and workshops.
Background and experience
• Leadership experience from a startup or growing and fast-paced environment.
• Commercial background with extensive sales and marketing experience.
• Proven high capability in driving profitable growth.
• Background from working in an international environment.
• Experience from working closely with product development teams.
• Fluent in English.
• Relevant academic background.
Profile and personality
• Strong commercial profile with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership skills
• Strategic mind-set together with a hands-on approach
• Highly motivated team-player with a positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of the business
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Entrepreneurial and curious
• Customer focused
• Innovative and creative mind-set
• Bold and daring to challenge
The role requires frequent travelling internationally. Placement is in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Strawbees is cooperating with Wes, Women Executive Search, in this recruitment. If you have questions, please contact Lena Bello at +46 70 755 4996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently present in 50 countries and over 40 000 schools worldwide, Strawbees is on a mission to help all teachers and parents prepare the young people of today for a future that will look radically different.
Our open-ended learning and maker system create opportunities for fun and engaging experiences for beginners and experts of all ages. Our learning platform includes full lesson plans for students from Kindergarten throughout high school, and our materials are used at universities too.
Creativity and understanding technology are the building blocks of innovation, which will become increasingly important as children transition from only consuming existing technology to also create the technology of the future. Many young people will grow up to work in professions that we have not yet heard of, while routine tasks will be carried out by robots. New expectations on what students need to learn create opportunities for schools and teachers to change the way they teach. Strawbees is committed to supporting teachers and offer a fun-filled and positive experience learning about technology.
Our history began with the invention of our patented connectors in 2013 and includes awards such as "Forbes & Fast Company educational toy for the problem solvers of the future," and the addition of Quirkbot (our unique circuit board electronics and programming platform) in 2017. Today we offer an amazing end-to-end STEAM educational experience