Chief of Story
Are you a passionate, value driven, brand & PR focused storyteller? An experienced communication leader who wants to join a company that's building a multi-service bank for anyone that has crossed a border; the 500 million migrants of the world. Would you like to be the voice of the many inspiring stories of ambition, struggles and success?
We are looking for a Chief of Story that wants to be part of Rebtel´s continued journey toward becoming the largest lifestyle brand for migrants in the world.
About the Role: Chief of Story
Rebtel has reached a global position as one of the most exciting tech companies internationally. Over the years, the company has built a strong and unique brand around their services, focusing on values such as human rights, diversity and openness.
An important part of the growth is to do it in accordance with Rebtels position, values and ”DNA”. To be a strong platform and a voice for migrants worldwide Storytelling will be an important part of the company’s continuous PR and communications strategy. For instance, at the end of 2017, Rebtel launched the first edition of “Beyond Borders” – an online magazine and community which is produced by and for the global migrants. Now, the company is ready to take the next step and get more stories out there.
Rebtel is therefore looking to recruit a Chief of Story who will be an instrumental key figure in the company’s continuous journey. The Chief of Story responsibilities include developing Rebtel’s communications, focusing on storytelling and PR. The Chief of Story will be a driving force in the contribution to Rebtel’s continuous journey and success story – and will become an important key figure in the company.
The Chief of Story will be responsible for leading and developing Rebtel’s PR and storytelling strategy and make sure it’s always in line with the company’s culture, values and ”DNA”. You are expected to, in a modern and creative way, develop a clear strategy for storytelling in social media and in other digital channels and to create and tell stories that strengthen Rebtel’s relationships with existing and new customers. In addition, work to make it possible for the company to continue to be a global voice for the target group of global migrants will be of high importance in the role as Chief of Story.
You will be part of the executive management team and be expected to work in close cooperation with the CEO and other members of the management team, in order to continuously build and develop the company.
To be successful in the role as Chief of Story you should have a natural business mindset and a very strong strategic and analytical ability. You are hands-on in your daily work and leadership. Being determined, as well as having an ambition to implement change and a mindset of ”making things happen” will be crucial to your success in the role.
As Chief of Story, you’ll lead a team of 3-5 people and you will be part of the executive management team, reporting directly to the CEO.
Areas of responsibility
• Responsible for Rebtel’s PR and storytelling strategy as well as setting the tone and identity internally and externally in order to strengthen the company’s identity, brand and relationships with global customers and colleagues.
• Work with a holistic perspective and contribute to the work of the management team in order to lead and develop the company together with the rest of the team in accordance with the business’ goals.
• Lead and develop a team of 3-5 people and continue to build a goal oriented, high achieving team as the company grows by recruiting the right people and leveraging the potential that existing employees possess.
• Responsible for Rebtel’s social media channels and all media relations.
• A modern PR and communications profile with a solid understanding of brand development through social media channels and storytelling.
• Analytical and strategic ability combined with being humble and flexible in working with multiple tasks, the ability to see the full and holistic picture.
• Be a strong, courageous and confident leader internally, with the knowledge and ability to challenge and contribute to the strategic work of the management team.
• Positive and humble with the ability to work both operatively and strategically and contribute with a holistic perspective.
• Share Rebtel’s values and have a natural interest in and engagement for issues relating to diversity, equality and human rights.
• Energize, motivate, and challenge your employees as well as the management team.
• Solid social skills and a strong focus on building relations.
Background and experience
• Experience from building brands and identity through storytelling in a global setting, preferably from a lifestyle-oriented brand in another industry than telecom.
• Experience from a PR company focusing on consumer and lifestyle products is meriting, as well as experience and knowledge of how storytelling and PR impacts brand development and business as a whole.
• Substantial knowledge in PR; such as identifying news and stories, building media relations and instinctively knowing which stories lead to engagement and action and what channels to use, both digital and traditional, in order to attain maximum reach of relevant audiences.
• Previous experience from working in a highly business driven and growth-oriented environment.
• Academic background from business administration, marketing, communications or similar.
•. Language: solid English skills in speaking and writing and preferably one or two other languages.
Information and application
This is a full time, permanent position.
Starting as soon as possible, with consideration to any notice period.
Rebtel is cooperating with Wes; Women Executive Search, in this recruitment. For more information regarding the position please contact Elin Johansson at +46 730 42 63 99 or email@example.com.
Please submit your application as soon as possible by using the ”ansök här” button.
Rebtel is a Swedish Tech company founded in 2006, offering digital solutions within communications and international calling, as well as bank and transfer services for a target group consisting of the 2 billion people connected via migration worldwide. The company has around 100 employees with 40 different nationalities and a turnover of approximately $100 million.
The vision and mission is to continue to grow globally by creating better opportunities for migrants around the world to connect with their family and friends, and to be the first choice of international calling. Furthermore, be the first choice in the long run for bank services among this target group worldwide.