Head of Accounting
Are you curious about Fintech and want to be part of a rapidly expanding global organization in the payment industry?
As Head of Accounting you will part of an extraordinary transformation to develop and structure the future of Bambora finance.
At Bambora they don’t wait for change, but rather see it as their mission to challenge: push the boundaries, redefine normal, and thereby achieve the extraordinary.
About the role
To become successful in your role as Head of Accounting at Bambora we believe you have a deep and solid accounting experience, are used to working in a matrix organization in an international setting with tight reporting deadlines.
You are a driven and passionate person who would like to join the continued growth journey at Bambora.
Areas of responsibility
* Responsible for monthly and annual closing as well as annual and interim statutory reports for the Nordic countries and Switzerland and provide support to Canada, ensuring all financial accounting and reporting is delivered accurately and in a timely manner.
* Develop accounting procedures and processes that harmonize with the requirements from our new, listed, owner Ingenico.
* Responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures and internal controls are in place and harmonized with Ingenico.
* Coordination of external audits and is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
* Supervise and support the Nordic accounting team consisting of ~17 employees whereof 7 direct reporting.
* Take a leading role in the transformation of the finance function
* Transfer existing accounting team into a lean integrated organization, ensuring that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel.
* Together with team from Ingenico roll out SAP in all Nordic countries
Experience & competencies required:
* Excellent management skills with a great interest in developing others and support all levels of the business in your area of expertise.
* A team player; adept at working with multiple stake holders at any given time but also work efficient independently.
* Structured and organized, feeling at the best when working under pressure and having the chance to build structure and organize things.
* A self-starting and process-driven personality: you're always looking for ways to make things work more efficiently, considering yourself to be on a journey, constantly increasing the standard.
* Strong analytical capability with an eye for details.
* A responsible, easy going doer with endurance and true grit committed to deliver with high quality and not afraid of working hands on. A person that shows what good looks like.
* Academic level of Business Education, with focus on accounting or similar education
* Solid knowledge of IFRS & K3
* Several years of proven experience (+ 10 years) in qualified and complex accounting and supervisory experience in a corporate HQ environment.
* Background from international and multi-site environment used to work with virtual teams
* Competence within both consolidation and FX
Information and application
Bambora is cooperating with Wes; Women Executive Search, in this recruitment. For more information regarding the position please contact Agnetha Dahlström at +46 709 73 73 70 or email@example.com.
Please submit your application as soon as possible by using the ”ansök här” button to the left.
The payment market is rapidly changing and Bambora helps businesses of all sizes, from small to large enterprises, to accept and process frictionless payments.
Bambora is a payment company with a global presence. Bambora simplifies the merchant’s life by being the single point of contact for payment solutions instore, online and on mobile.
Founded in 2015, Bambora’s focus is on some of the most sophisticated payment markets in the world.
Bambora process transactions in 65 markets and has around 590 employees.
In July 2017 Bambora became part of Ingencio Group which is one of the world’s largest payment companies.
As a group of willing, enthusiastic entrepreneurs, the founders of Bambora understood that payment solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) were far from simple. With too many vendors and even more interfaces out there, Bambora envisioned a much easier experience for business owners, whether they had been around for days or decades and regardless if they sold their products or services in stores or online.
Bambora set out to build a company where they could grow as their customers expand their own businesses. To turn this vision into reality, Bambora adapted their product offering to meet its customers’ increasing needs. The unique technology Bambora developed enables both e-commerce and physical transactions on the same platform. This makes payments possible within and across 60 countries, provides an analysis service offering real-time operational insights, and supplies smart financial solutions, which makes it possible for any customer of Bambora to thrive and expand.