Head of Sales Sweden & Business Development Director Northern Europe
Do you want to be part of a company with a strong culture and be a key player in defining the Sales strategy for the Swedish market and drive Business Development strategies across Northern Europe in one of the leading global wine and spirits companies? Keep reading!
We are looking for a Head of Sales & Business Development Director to join the Northern Europe team at Pernod Ricard. This role gives you the opportunity to drive transversal business development initiatives across the Northern Europe markets and to set the sales strategies for the Swedish market going forward.
To succeed in this role, we believe you are an engaged leader and have a solid experience from business development together with a can-do mentality.
Transversal Business Development across Pernod Ricard Northern Europe:
• Identify relevant transversal initiatives across northern Europe to drive greater collaboration and coordination as well as increased synergies on key strategic initiatives
• Drive the commercial digital transformation by designing a roadmap and facilitating an effective roll-out, including tools, processes, and new ways of working
• Identify change management needs and ensure changes are understood and actionable
• Liaise with group stakeholders to properly coordinate and identify best practices
Direct Pernod Ricard Sweden Sales management:
• Coordinate and manage the Sales department to execute the designed strategy
• Monitor and analyze the sales result across channels and identify key actions to be taken
• Provide business strategic input to the management, particularly to implement adequate channel strategy enabling the defined portfolio strategy
• Manage the route to market and customer management activities
• Coordinate and execute the Sales activities in the On-trade Channel in close collaboration with the Marketing Department to optimize available resources, build brands and maximize key comparative advantages
• Ensure proper local execution of group global strategy to grow market share and generate sustainable long-term value growth
Background and experience
• Solid background from a commercial role on a senior management level
• Leadership experience and a passion for motivating and engaging your team
• Digital savvy and E-Com experience
• Background from setting direction and GoToMarket strategies
• Strategic mind-set
• Experience from Sales & Commercial excellence
• Strong project management experience
• Used to navigating in an international environment with several stakeholders
• Fluent in English is required and Swedish is preferred
• Relevant academic background
Profile and personality
• Strong relationship-builder who builds trust and adds value to the business
• High business acumen and consumer and customer centric
• Solution-oriented with a hands-on approach
• Pro-active and turns strategic goals into actions
• Highly motivated team-player with a positive attitude and passion to add value to the business
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Open and authentic
• Resilient and ability to deal with ambiguity
The role requires some travelling in Europe and placement is preferably Stockholm, Sweden.
What we can offer you
Pernod Ricard is situated in beautiful premises by the water in Liljeholmen, Stockholm. Pernod Ricard Sweden together with The Absolut Company is the multiple time winner of the Benify Score – an award for the employer who achieves the most outstanding results in employee engagement and benefits satisfaction!
Pernod Ricard is cooperating with Wes in this recruitment. For further information regarding the position, please contact Senior Consultant Lena Bello at email@example.com or phone +46 70 755 4996.
Pernod Ricard is the No.2 worldwide producer of wines and spirits with consolidated sales of €8,448 million in FY20. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has developed through organic growth and acquisitions.
Pernod Ricard, which owns 16 of the Top 100 Spirits Brands, holds one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry, including: Absolut Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, and Kenwood wines.
Pernod Ricard’s brands are distributed across 160+ markets and by its own salesforce in 73 markets. The Group’s decentralized organization empowers its 19,000 employees to be true on-the-ground ambassadors of its vision of “Créateurs de Convivialité”.
As reaffirmed by the Group’s strategic plan, “Transform and Accelerate”, deployed in 2018, Pernod Ricard’s strategy focuses on investing in long-term, profitable growth for all stakeholders.
The Group remains true to its three founding values: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics, as illustrated by the 2030 Sustainability and Responsibility roadmap supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), “Good times from a good place.” In recognition of Pernod Ricard’s strong commitment to sustainable development and responsible consumption, it has received a Gold rating from Ecovadis.