HR DIRECTOR BEIJER BYGGMATERIAL AB
Are you passionate about HR and operations? Do you get motivated and excited by working in a rapidly changing business environment with high demands? Are you a strategic people leader who gets things done? Join Beijer Byggmaterial and lead the people agenda to enable business and people growth!
On behalf of Beijer, we’re looking for a driven and high-performing professional that will take the HR function to the next level and serve as a strategic operations and management partner to the CEO and management team. The ideal candidate possesses a sharp business acumen, demonstrated ability to develop strong and effective teams and processes, and experience implementing strategic HR and operations initiatives. You are eager to contribute to the advancement of the company’s communication and sustainability efforts. You are interested in market trends and customer behavior change. You have a business driven and entrepreneurial mindset. You enjoy leading and coaching a senior HR team, including to meet high level of service. You are solution-oriented and strive to unite the team in the pursuit of common goals and to deliver end to end results to the business.
The Human Resources Director leads a management team consisting of ten HR generalists and specialists. The position reports to CEO Geir Thomas Fossum and has a dotted line to the Stark Group CHRO, Lene Groth. The role also serves as part of STARK Group’s HR management team and Beijer’s management team in Sweden.
The HR Director is responsible for the overall people agenda, HR strategy development and implementation, and having the right people in the right positions. Lead by the HR Director, the overall purpose of the HR function within Beijer is to proactively contribute to the vision by maximizing individual and organizational capabilities and by creating business value through human resources, operations, and organizational management.
Acting as a proactive senior business partner and trusted advisor to the CEO and management team, the HR Director is expected to contribute to the overall strategic agenda for the company and to support the business in reaching performance excellence with high pace, quality, process effectiveness, and data correctness.
Further, a core objective is to elevate the department’s capabilities and capacity by establishing and working with/through a professional HR team to automate and simplify processes, work smarter and in general address HR as a catalyst to raise performance, and develop and retain the people in the organization.
Finally, the role provides an opportunity to work together internationally on a Group HR agenda with the Group CHRO and the peer HR Directors from the sister business units of STARK Group in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, and Germany.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The company is in a rapid transformation phase where digitalization, advancements in the sustainability agenda, and new ways of doing HR will be key for the future and where you will have a chance to make a difference in the strategic HR agenda.
In the role as HR Director at Beijer Byggmaterial, your main responsibilities are;
• Oversee the full HR portfolio including, but not limited to: business partnering, talent and leader development and acquisition, organizational development and effectiveness, performance management, strategic workforce planning, compensation and benefits practices, managing labour relations, change management initiatives, systems development and implementation, and employee communications.
• Develop, implement, and follow through the HR plan and participate in developing the HR agenda for the Group addressing productivity/efficiency, business change, organizational development and leadership at all times.
• Proactively support the CEO and serve as a credible, trusted advisor to provide solutions and recommendations to drive business and cultural change.
• Employee Engagement is a key responsibility, including to enable the realization of the business strategy and increase the people performance of the business when people feel connected and motivated.
• People and talent development on all levels to secure a pipeline for key positions leveraging on the Group frameworks and developing them further together.
• Remuneration and incentives for Beijer in close cooperation with the Group Head of Compensation and Benefit to attract, retain, and motivate the right people using the Mercer grading tools and systems.
• Employee relations and cooperation with the trade unions to ensure constant good relationships for working together but also getting the most out of it by negotiating, implementing, and monitoring the agreements in the most cost-efficient way, pointing out that Beijer and Stark Group is an attractive employer in the forefront.
• HR master data responsible, meaning that people information which is stored is also kept correct, secured, and updated at all times in cooperation with the Group Head of HR Operations. STARK Group has recently implemented Workday across the group.
• Securing that culture and values is an integrated part of recruiting, developing, and promoting people and an important part of measuring good leadership.
• Contribute and implement the business area’s strategic direction, unique attributes, challenges, opportunities, and geographic characteristics and translate it into an effective and modern people agenda and activities.
• Through the HR function, enhance operational effectiveness and ultimately drive improved business outcomes.
• Have a clear view of and solution to short as well as long term human capital challenges and take responsibility for shaping and delivering first-rate HR support.
• Identify the strategy, providing the direction and orchestrating all activities of the HR function, including in accordance with Beijers vision and objectives as well as Group HR processes and functions.
• Lead, develop, and mentor a team of ten direct reports, including to enhance effectiveness, processes and structures, and functional competence.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
• Solid track record of leading successful and business-oriented HR-operations
• Excellent knowledge in leading and developing HR-processes and systems
• Extensive experience in developing and implementing HR-strategies, with a great ability to have a business mindset working both strategically and hands-on
• Minimum of 10 years work experience in the full range of HR functional areas of which at least five years in a Manager position
• Has led the HR function in a larger corporation at a divisional, country or regional level, or having held the full HR responsibility in a mid-sized corporation
• Experience from retail business like companies, or other fast paced, high volume, low margin companies with blue-collar employees as well as highly educated specialists and managers
• Experience with developing and leading HR-teams in result and performance driven companies where HR has had a business-driven focus
• Experience from working closely to the core business and HR Business Partners in an international and complex matrix context
• Experience with union relations and negotiations, this is particularly relevant in relation to acquisitions
• At least a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, and/or related field
• Fluent in English and Swedish
• Business oriented – able to talk “business language” and make convincing business cases in order to get through to the business leaders and get their buy-in
• Team player
• Ambitious, yet down-to-earth
• Able to communicate, impact and influence in a convincing way
• Robust, resilient – an authority with strong character who approaches challenges with a can-do attitude
• Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with variety and change
• Optimistic attitude with sense of humor
• Ability to navigate in complex yet lean transformative organizations
The position as HR Director is a full-time position located in Sollentuna, Sweden. Beijer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Beijer Byggmaterial AB is cooperating with Wes in this recruitment. For further information regarding the position please contact Senior Consultant Amelie Wallin at 070-781 11 00, email@example.com or Research Manager Rebecka Shirazi at 070-959 43 03, firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a technical issue with our application system, please make sure to attach your CV and/or personal letter along with your contact information. When registering, ensure to scroll down and click "save and continue" in order to proceed to the second step where you attach documents. Thank your for your patience while the issue is being resolved.
About Beijer Byggmaterial
Beijer Byggmaterial is the largest distributor and retailer of building materials in Sweden. Beijer provides both construction professionals and DIY customers with an extensive product range of high-quality building materials, tools, and services. Beijer Byggmaterial has 83 combi-stores across Sweden, generates almost SEK 8 billion in revenue, and has approximately 2,000 employees.
Beijer Byggmaterial is part of STARK Group, which is Northern Europe’s leading B2B distributor of heavy-side building materials for the construction industry with operations in Denmark, Greenland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Germany. STARK Group partners with 10,000 suppliers to serve roughly 235,000 customers from more than 420 locations generated pro forma net sales of EUR 4,5 billion. In 2021 CVC Capital Partners Fund VII acquired 100% of STARK Group from Lone Star Funds.
Beijer Byggmaterial strives to be all of Sweden’s construction partner by offering its customers quality products, services, and solutions that are reliable, simple, and relevant. A highly knowledgeable and competent staff is key to Beijer’s vision to be the most trusted builders’ merchant. Sustainability is also a top priority for Beijer and for STARK Group and the company seeks to be an industry leader in and actively contribute to sustainable construction.
Beijer combines a strong market position with excellent customer relationships to enable future market outperformance. Looking ahead, the strategic business focus is to deliver high levels of operational excellence combined with further smart pricing, better sourcing, and through focused, efficient, and accountable business. Additionally, as a part of STARK Group, Beijer also seeks to build a strong branch network to enhance ability to serve.
More information http://www.starkgroup.dk